Life With Cason AND Molly



Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hawaii Day 2 {Kayaks and Hot Dogs}

On our second day in Kauai Toby took Cason on a Kayak adventure. Molly was a little to young so I stayed back with her and had a girls day.

Toby and Cason left early in the morning and kayaked 4 miles up the Wailua river. Let me rephrase that. Toby kayaked. Cason enjoyed the ride. After the trek up the river they hiked 2 miles to a waterfall where they ate lunch and swam. They were extremely tired when they got back!




While Toby and Cason kayaked my dad and I went for a run. My dad rode a rented bike as I ran. It was nice to have some company. And oh my....Kauai has some hills! 
father daughter selfie


After the run/bike ride Molly and I went to the beach with the McFarlands and my parents. 
A monk seal swam up and rested on the rocks a few yards away from us! I loved seeing all the wildlife there.


Attempt of a grandchild picture minus Cason

This picture makes me laugh. This is proof of how strong the waves were. We could hardly sit without being washed away!

Success! Although I'm pretty sure we all started sliding again right after this was taken.
After a couple of hours at the beach Molly, my mom and I showered and went to lunch. We had heard about this local hot dog stand named Puku Dog. They only served Hawaiian style hot dogs.  It actually had an appearance on the travel channel as one of the places you had to try if you were on the island of Kauai. If you know me well, you know that I don't do hot dogs. But since this place was on the travel channel I decided to give it a try. Molly had a regular hot dog and my mom and I had a polish sausage with the mild sauce (a garlic butter sauce) and pineapple relish. It was actually good for the first half. These things were HUGE! After that I was over it. Anytime anyone mentioned hot dog for the rest of the trip I would gag. It's going to a very long time before I eat another one! 


Molly and her massive hot dot
 After lunch my parents, Molly and I went to Old Town Koloa (a neighboring town)  where we did some shopping.
Molly posing with a statue of a man and a dog.



Eating our first shaved ice of the trip! It was sooo good! I had blackberry/passion fruit. I wish we had those flavors here!


No comments: