Life With Cason AND Molly



Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hawaii Day 4 {A Day to Remember}

This was by far my most favorite day. The McFarlands and my mom went on a boat trip to the north side of the island to see the famous Napali coast where Jurassic Park was filmed. The 4 of us and my dad stayed behind. We were a little worried about being sea sick and my dad stayed behind to watch Collin.

That morning we signed Cason and Molly up for bamboo pole fishing in the pond in our condo unit. All we had to do was put bread on the hook, throw it in and a fish was almost immediately caught. The kids had a blast!
Molly caught the first fish the minute she put her line in the water!



Toby did not believe me when I told him I could take a fish off the hook. All those summers fishing in Arkansas really paid off!  The picture is of me holding the tiniest fish ever but I took several bigger fish off the hook that day. So there! 

Cason caught around 9 fish. Sad to say his fish camouflaged with his shirt! 



The kids visiting the swan that lived at the condo's. 


After the fishing we got our lunch packed for a picnic and set out on a hike. Our guide from the day before suggested this hike for our kids. All summer long I made Cason and Molly take walks so we could practice for our Hawaii hike. It paid off! We probably hiked around 2 and a half miles and the kids did great!



A picture of the rain shower that came through while we were hiking. Kauai had little showers like this off and on all day. They only lasted a few minutes each time. 







All the hiking I did on the rocks really tore my running shoes up. I had to buy new ones when we got back. 

This might be my favorite picture of the vacation. A random red recliner sitting on the edge of a cliff in the middle of nowhere. 

The were the dissolving sand cliffs. 



This is a view of the secluded beach we hiked down to. 
 Part of hike was to this gorgeous beach. It was almost like it was a private beach or like we were stranded somewhere. There was probably only 6 other people on the beach and they were a good half a mile away from us. To say it was perfect is an understatement. This will always be paradise to me!

A very cold stream ran right out into the ocean.



Where the kids swam was completely protected from the crazy surf. The rocks broke the waves and allowed them to swim safely.



This was the best beach to search for sea creatures, shells and sea glass. We found tons!

After the hike we had to go get another shaved ice!


After our hike and day at the beach it was time for the Luau! It was held at the Smith Botanical Gardens. We explored the gardens, ate dinner and enjoyed the hula show. It was the perfect authentic Hawaiian experience.

train ride around the garden



girl picture

there were peacocks all over the garden

the traditional luau ceremony when they pulled the roasted pig out of the ground

When in Hawaii you must drink Hawaiian punch

My first luau meal. The traditional luau pork was the best!

The whole family eating










No comments: