Life With Cason AND Molly



Friday, December 6, 2013

A Different Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving holiday did not go as we had planned but it ended up being relaxing and we got A LOT of stuff done around our house!
Our Thanksgiving started on Fri. when Toby and I took the day off to go to Cason's Thanksgiving Feast and performance at his school. It was so cute but unfortunately I forgot my camera. These are the only pictures I could get.

i
After the feast is when all the fun began! I took Cason to the doctor for his 5 year well visit and apparently he wasn't well at all! He had RSV. It wasn't really a big deal because he wasn't feeling bad at all but Molly had the exact same cough as he did so I was pretty sure she had it too. I bought a breathing treatment machine and prepared for a weekend of breathing treatments. Wellllllll by Saturday afternoon Molly was SICK SICK SICK. She had a high fever and acted pretty miserable. Long story short, she was finally diagnosed with RSV and strep but spent 5 really miserable days of sleeping and moaning. Once we got the antibiotic for strep she was back to her normal self in 6 hours!
Since she was sick on Thanksgiving Day (and by this time Toby was too) my family postponed our Thanksgiving dinner until Fri.
Here is a picture of our family of 4 on Thanksgiving Day. We got Texas Land and Cattle take out and it was delicious!

This one made me laugh! It is super hard to take a picture with the timer! 


Finally on Friday we were able to have our real Thanksgiving with my family and my mom's WONDERFUL food!
The boys and Molly had some football playing fun! This is proof that she was feeling better!


BeBe had gingerbread houses to decorate for all the kids. They loved it and ate at much sugar as they put on the house!

Cason and Molly's finished product!

On Thanksgiving Day Cason and Molly helped me come up with a thankful list. But I lost it. It was a rough week people! So here is my Top 5 List:
I am thankful for:
1. A God that answers even the smallest prayers.
2. A healthy family for most of the year
3. A husband who works hard even through illness
4. My funny and energetic kids. 
5. My parents and sister who postponed our celebrations so we could all be there.
 


No comments: