Life With Cason AND Molly



Sunday, December 8, 2013

Disappointment

Not a fun title for a post BUT I have faced utter disappointment this weekend. The Dallas Marathon was cancelled due to severe winter weather. The metroplex is "entombed" (not my word) in ice. Not snow. Ice. And a lot of it.One of the weather men said that this was due to the McFarland Signature which effectively relocates the north pole to the state of Kansas. So it has been cold! The sleet started on Thursday afternoon and continued through the night. School was cancelled and so was everything else. The temperatures didn't get above freezing until today (Sunday) but the damage was already done. I understand why they cancelled, for the safety of everyone involved, but it doesn't make it any easier to stomach. I would have run if they would have let me! I TRAINED for this. Running 4 days a week. Giving up my Saturday mornings. It was hard y'all. Really hard. I was excited about running the marathon but just as excited for the crazy training to be over. Running has consumed my days and my thoughts. It not only effects me but my family as well. I know Toby was looking forward to this being over just as much as I was. As much as I want this to end, another part of me wants vindication. I have to prove to myself that I can run 26.2 miles. I have come this far so I might as well keep going. Honestly the thought of training again makes me want to cry all over again but I have made some wonderful running friends who will see me through this. So Katy, Bethany, Stephanie, Michelle and I are officially signed up for the Cowtown Marathon on Feb. 23. I can't say I am excited. I am going to need a lot of prayers to see me through this.

Just to prove how bad it was here are some pictures of the kids and the ice. I am thankful for the time we got to spend together as a family and a nice warm house where the electricity never went out!






No comments: