Life With Cason AND Molly



Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My New Goal

Most of you know what I have been up to these past 3 months. Or I should say the torture I have gone through these past 3 months! This is more for my kids to look back at one day.

I have been training to run a FULL MARATHON. 26.2 miles people! It has been so hard but very rewarding so far and I haven't even run the actual race. I have been a runner off and on since high school but after getting pregnant with Cason and then Molly I didn't exercise much (let's be honest, at all). Last fall I heard about the Color Run 5k and got some friends from our church to sign up to run it with me. I started with the Couch to 5k training plan and realized how much I had missed running. It got to the point if I missed any of my runs I was not in a good mood! I ran the Color Run on Apr. 6 (my birthday) and it was a blast!

The aftermath
After that I decided to do the 5k to 10k training plan. During that training I decided to skip running a 10k and signed up for a half marathon! 13.1 miles.  I trained all summer long and ran the Hottest Half on Aug. 25 the day before the first day of school. We ran around White Rock Lake and it a reasonably cool day for August. I finished in 2 hours and 28 min. Unfortunately Toby wasn't feeling well and my parents were out of town so the only picture I have is from my phone at the starting line.
My medal and a free Dr. Pepper 10! My favorite drink! 




The PCS Dallas Marathon is on Dec. 8. Only 12 days away! I think I am ready. My longest run so far has been 22 miles. I have run in 100 degree weather, freezing weather and sleet, rain, thunder storms, at 4:40 in the morning and at night. I have had several close animal encounters. 1 dog, 1 armadillo, 4 skunks and 1 coyote. My body hurts most days but I feel good at the same time! I am praying for good weather and a relaxed body during the race. I keep telling myself, I CAN DO IT! We shall see......

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Goooooooooo! So proud of you! I can't believe you are doing this. Can't wait to hear how it goes! And get yourself a 26.2 sticker at the end of it please!