Life With Cason AND Molly



Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Story of Your Birth

Dear Cason,
I am sure one day you will want to know the story of your birth. It was the best day of our life. It all started on Nov. 16 your due date. NOTHING happened! You were very comfortable in my belly. Too comfortable if you ask me! Nov.16 was a Sunday. Your daddy and I slept late and went to the mall in the afternoon. We had a nice afternoon walking around and enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. We ate hamburgers and got ice cream at Cold Stone. We spent the last evening as a childless couple and got ready for your arrival. The next day, Nov. 17, your Grandad and BeBe came to be with us. We went to Jason's Deli to eat lunch and then went to Target to buy a crock-pot. During all of this I kept hoping that you would decide to come but no such luck. At 4:00 your daddy and I went to see my doctor. He told me that you were still VERY comfortable and he would recommend helping you come into this world. I wasn't sure about that so we had a sonogram to see how much you weighed. They estimated that you were already 8 to 8 1/2 pounds! I didn't want you to get any bigger so I decided to be induced. We had a couple of hours before I had to go to the hospital so your daddy and I met your Gradad, BeBe, Aunt Allison, and Uncle Brian at the Galleria. We shopped for a while and then ate at The Grand Lux Cafe. While at the mall I started to have a lot of pain and I got very nervous. We tried to go find some ice cream but by that time I was very uncomfortable and scared. Your daddy and I decided to go to the hospital. We got there at 8:00 and the nurse told me that I was already having contractions. They started because of my exam at the doctors office. Because I was having contractions they only gave my half of the medicine that got my body ready for you to come. The nurse then gave me some medicine to help me sleep, your daddy and I prayed that you would come quickly and be healthy, and then we went to sleep. The next morning, Nov. 18, the nurse gave me Pitocin to help my body have more contractions. Nothing happened for a long time. Your Grandad, BeBe, and Aunt Allison came to the hospital to make sure they were there when you came. My doctor came and broke my water to hurry you along. Around noon my contractions really started to hurt. At 2:00 I got my epidural and started to feel much better. After a while my contractions started to get further and further a part. By early evening they had all but stoped. About this time I started to feel very sick. This went on for a couple of hours and I was absolutely miserable. My doctor had already talked about the possibility of a c-section but I didn't want to have one. He left to go get dinner and during that time I got really sick at my stomach. The nurse took my temperature and found out that I had a fever. It was decided then that I would have a c-section. I was diagnosed with dysfunctional labor. Around 10:00 they took me to the operating room and started to get my ready for your birth. Your daddy came in and set beside me. I was so scared for him because he doesn't handle blood very well. I don't remember much about the operation but I do remember telling the doctors that I thought your daddy was going to pass out. I also remember the doctor and your dad talking about football. I remember the nurse telling me that you were about to come into this world. At 10:12 they held you up for your daddy and I to see. My heart skipped a beat and I couldn't believe that you were actually here. Your were healthy and perfect. You weighed 8 pounds and 6 ounces. You had a head full of dark hair and still do! We spent the next 4 days in the hospital getting to know each other. Then your daddy and I took you home. November 18th was the start to the best year of my life. I created this blog for you so you can look at it one day and learn what you were like as a baby. It is also for me, your daddy, and the rest of your family and friends to keep up with how much you are growing and changing. I love you little boy and I hope you enjoy these stories of your life.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Donnell Days said...

Oh, I just loved this post! I laughed outloud when I read that Toby and the doctor were talking about football. Too funny!