Life With Cason AND Molly



Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lucky

I feel lucky today. Actually I feel lucky everyday but today is special because it is my first Mother's Day. As a little girl I would get really excited for Mother's Day because I always wanted to make my mom feel special and do nice things for her( I should have done that everyday). Now that I am a mom the day is even more fun for me. Today was not about getting gifts and people doing nice things for me even though I loved those things too. Today was about feeling lucky that God picked ME to be Cason's mommy. I feel lucky that God picked ME for Cason to grow inside of for 9 months and 2 days. I feel lucky that God made Cason absolutely perfect and healthy. I feel lucky because I am Toby's wife and that he is Cason's daddy. I feel lucky that I got to spend this Mother's Day with my mom. I feel lucky that I got to spend this Mother's Day with my sister on her first Mother's Day too. I feel lucky because Cason and his daddy gave me tickets to go see U2 in the fall. But most of all I feel lucky because God picked ME to be the mommy of Cason.
And when it comes down to it, it isn't luck at all. It is God's hand in my life. His plan and His desires and I am left speechless.



Who wouldn't feel lucky after seeing a face like this?

3 comments:

Melodie said...

sweet post. you are pretty blessed!

Donnell Days said...

What a sweet post...made me tear up!

Brooke said...

you are precious!!! :) i love your post and your pictures....and i'm assuming you didn't get the swine flu? i miss you. can we hang out when school is over?