Life With Cason AND Molly



Sunday, August 10, 2008

How Cason Came To Be.....

Get your heads out of the gutter! I am not going to talk about THAT!
In February Toby and I decided it was time to expand our little family and who knew it happen so fast? On March 11th, Toby and I were in spin class at the gym. I was doing fine when all of the sudden I got nauseous. I thought I might be getting over heated since I always tried to keep my heart rate in the 180's. Then I started feeling really sick and I had to leave to go to the bathroom. After cooling off for 5 min. I went back to spin class and finished it. The entire time I kept thinking it was really weird that I had that wave of nausea out of nowhere. I turned to Toby and told him that I planned on taking a pregnancy test when I got home. His response was to roll his eyes and pretty much ignore me. Now, to all you people who are thinking, "that's rude", I am the queen of pregnancy tests. It has been a long running joke that I have taken a test once a month since we have been married. I am not that bad, but I had taken quite a few. I was always paranoid. When we got home that night I went to take THE TEST. I peed on the stick, sat it down and expected it see 1 line. I did see 1 line at first but then this really really faint 2nd pink line crept into view. I sat there for a minute in shock, then yelled to Toby that I needed him to look at the test b/c I thought I saw 2 lines. Toby looked at it and confirmed that there were 2 lines there but the 2nd one you could barely see. I think both of our jaws hit the floor knowing the possibility that we could be pregnant. We decided we needed to go to Wal-Mart right away to get another test. On the way there we called my parents and then Toby's sister Tory, to ask her if she knew anything about pregnancy tests. I also downed 2 bottles of water knowing I was going to have to pee in a couple minutes. At Wal-Mart we decided that we needed a digital test b/c it actually said Pregnant/Not Pregnant and we didn't want to try to figure out those pesky lines again. We went home, took a test and it said PREGNANT! Oh my gosh!!!!! I took another one the next morning just to make sure :). After going to the Dr. the next day we confirmed that we were going to have a little Stunkard !





I had to document what my stomach looked like before it got big. It may never look like this again!

Skip forward a few months and this is our sweet Cason at 25 wks. I think he's smiling!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

so cute! :) i love your pictures! hope you are feeling good!!!

Donnell Days said...

YEA...welcome to the blogging world! I am adding you to my page right now! I can't wait to meet little Cason...Hudson is excited to have another friend.

The Skains Family said...

Yay, you're a blogger! I love the story of the pregnancy test. Same thing happened to us with Adalyn. It was only a faint line, but 4 tests later we realized it was true, we were pregnant. And now she is here! I can't wait for you to experience mommyhood. It is truly the greatest miracle.

Melodie said...

yay! so excited you are finally up and running