Life With Cason AND Molly



Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! We are spending the Thanksgiving in Lubbock with Toby's family.

My Thankful List:
1. My God who shows mercy and forgives me of my sins.
2. My husband Toby who loves and supports me no matter what.
3. My 2 amazing kids who amaze me every day.
4. My parents living close and having a wonderful relationship with my kids.
5. My sister living close who I get to share my thoughts with.
6. My extended family on both sides!
7. My new nephew being born TODAY! Bennett James McFarland 8lbs. 1 oz.
8. My friends
9. My church
10. My job and first grade team.

This year I asked Cason what he was thankful for starting on the first day of November. Here is his list

"I am thankful for..."
1. For Dada rubbing my feet
2. for our lives
3. rainy days (not lightening days)
4. Dada not being sick
5. new trash cans (he's obsessed with trash trucks and the city gave us new trash cans)
6. Herky (our dog)
7. getting new rocks from Don (our neighbor)
8. fire fighters putting out fires
9. crocodiles not eating me (not sure where this came from :))
10. Rosa's Tortilla Factory
11. birthday cake
12. leaves changing colors
13. God making my heart
14. Dada rubbing my back
15. vacuum cleaners
16. food and a house and cookies
17. Rainey coming to Myrna's house to play
18. a happy birthday (November 18 is his real birthday)
19. coming to Granny and Papaws house
20. my cement truck
21. Granny and Papaw
22. coming to Granny and Papaw's house ( he wanted to say this again)

Here are the only pictures I have of our time in Lubbock.
Granny bought Molly a stroller to push her babies around in. She LOVED it!

Cason going to feed the ducks and geese

This time of year the Canadian Geese fly through Lubbock. There were hundreds of them at the pond close to Granny and Papaw's house.
On the same note as Thanksgiving and being thankful for things; earlier this month Cason and went to several houses in our neighborhood to collect canned food for our church. It was such an awesome experience teaching Cason about how some people don't have food to eat and we have to help them because God wants us to help them. As we were going around to different houses I was explaining to them the organization that we were collecting food for. The name of the organization is God's Food Pantry. When we got home Cason told Toby that the food we collected was for God! I had to explain to him again that it wasn't for God that was the name of the place that would give needy people food! I love that kid! This is something we will be doing a lot of in the future!
Cason and some of the items we collected

Cason and Molly sorting some of the items

No comments: