Life With Cason AND Molly



Thursday, October 4, 2012

San Francisco Day 1

Toby and I went to San Francisco this week! He went for a conference but I tagged along for fun! It was great! We got there Sunday morning and had to check in to our hotel and Toby had to register for his classes. We stayed in a hotel on Union Square and his conference was in several hotels in the area. This was my fourth time to SF but Toby's first so we had to do all of the touristy things. The first stop was Pier 39 and Alcatraz.
We went to see the Sea Lions and took pictures for Cason and Molly
View from the ferry to Alcatraz


Another view. I think San Francisco is my favorite city. I spent an entire summer just north of there so I feel attached in some way. I think it is absolutely beautiful!



Cason was very confused when I told him that dada was in jail. I hope he doesn't repeat this to anyone!


So, I dropped the ball as far as transportation goes. I knew we probably need to buy a bus pass but didn't research how to go about that. We took a cab down the pier but couldn't find one to take us back to Union Square. We decided to walk. I knew it was going to be a long walk but I forgot how much of that walk was up hill! It was about a 2 mile walk straight up hill. I was really sore the next day! On our way back to the hotel we saw a trash truck and fire truck. We had to take a picture of them to show Cason since he is only mildly obsessed with trash trucks. :)
We got a really weird look from the trash truck driver!

No comments: