Life With Cason AND Molly



Friday, May 18, 2012

Kerrville (Home Sweet Home)


  On Mother's Day Weekend my entire family (My parents, my sisters family and of course Toby, Cason, and Molly)  packed up and headed to Kerrville. I grew up in Kerrville and still consider it my home town. I haven't been there in about 6 years. This trip was way over due! We stayed in a villa at a resort in Hunt. It was perfect for us. There were a lot of things for us to do, a fully equipped kitchen, and beautiful views! We were practically the only people out there that weekend.
(I am not sure why this is underlined but I can't fix it!)




Eating at the "villa". It had a table big enough for all of us to sit at!

Grandad and the girls. Molly is very possisive of Grandad. Anytime he held Camille, Molly would fall apart and cry until he picked her up too.

We ate at Mamacita's! This was our favorite place to eat when we lived in Kerrville. It was every bit as good as I remembered it to be!

The gang at Mamacitia's. "Aunt" Beth and Gloria were there too! Just like old times!

Toby, Cason, Brian, and Reid went fishing. This was Cason's first time to fish. He had a blast!

Cason caught his own fish!

They caught 8 fish!

We went swimming at the gorgeous pool. Allison and I had no idea that the girls had matching bathing suits! How cute!
It was SOOOO cold!
There was a lot of outside play time.
Cason and Reid being silly.
cousins
We went hiking several times. Cason and Reid called our hikes reindeer walks because they wanted to see deer. Apparently any type of deer is a reindeer to them.


We probably hiked 2 miles each time we went. As you can see here it wasn't an easy hike. The kids did a pretty good job considering. They had a lot of fun looking at all the nature.
Here is a little Kerrville history lesson for you.  The first HEB grocery store was built in Kerrville. I grew up shopping there so when we ran in to grab a couple of things and I saw these kid sized grocery carts, I HAD to have one! I said it would be my mother's day present. It was the best Mother's Day ever! Besides the grocery cart, it really was a perfect Mother's Day weekend. I spent the whole time focused on having fun with my kids and family. I am thankful we could have this experience.  

No comments: